Protection against all Travel Eventualities
AXA Insurance’s partnership with Standard Chartered Bank means that customers can now access a quick and convenient means to take out travel insurance policies. The policy ensures that the customer and his/her possessions as well as travel arrangements will be protected in case there are any travel inconveniences or medical emergencies. Standard Chartered travel insurance offers comprehensive coverage to ensure that customers have no hassles when abroad. The policy offers protection against losses incurred due to medical emergencies, baggage loss, trip cancellation charges, flight delays, etc.
Features of Standard Chartered Travel Insurance
- 24/7 global emergency evacuation and assistance
- Personal accident coverage
- Coverage for medical expenses (dental care included)
- Coverage for personal liability
- Coverage for personal money
- Coverage for personal baggage
- Cancellation on curtailment
- Delayed departure
- Loss of passport
- Baggage delay
The travel insurance package offered by Standard Chartered provides customers with an option of policies at affordable rates. There are three kinds of policies that can be taken out – Travel Smart, which essentially offers coverage for travel and medical inconveniences, and Travel Family, which offers global protection for the policyholder, their spouse and all of their children for a single premium. The final policy is Travel Schengen which offers the minimum coverage a customer will require to get a visa to any Schengen country.
Benefits related to medical expenses arising out of Emergencies
Customers who avail Standard Chartered Health Insurance can make the most of coverage against cost of expenses related to medical treatments due to sickness sustained or accidental bodily injuries sustained while outside the country in which they reside. Emergency dental care is also offered to policyholders when overseas. The emergency evacuation and assistance benefits that can be availed include the following:
- Repatriation of other beneficiaries
- Visit of family members or close relatives
- Medical transportation
- Premature return owing to death of a family member or close relative
- Cost of rescue and first aid if the customer has availed the option of adventure sports
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- In case of accidental death, loss of sight or limb, or permanent total disability, a lump sum amount will be paid out.
- Personal liability benefits cover the policyholder against legal liability towards third parties and the damage caused to their property because of your negligence. In such cases, $10,000 is paid out as advance of bail bond and in case of redress, legal assistance is offered to the extent of $4000.
- In case of theft, damage or accidental loss of personal money and baggage, the present market value of the baggage will be granted to the policyholder after considering deductions for depreciation, wear and tear.
- In case of curtailment or cancellation, the insurance policy will reimburse the customer for extra travel as well as accommodation expenses, and the costs associated with replacing your passport while overseas will also be covered in case of a lost passport.
- Delayed departure will be covered to the extent of $50 for every 12-hour delay arising from strikes, and up to $500 for delays due to adverse weather conditions. In case of baggage delay for 12 hours from the arrival time at the outbound destination, emergency purchases of necessary items such as toiletries and clothing will also be covered.