HSBC UAE Current Account
A HSBC Current Account allows you to manage your money with ease. This is a transactional account offering 24/7 access to the bank through various modes like phone banking, mobile banking and internet banking.
Features and Benefits of HSBC Current Account
- Multiple Currency Options: Choose between Chinese Renminbi, USD, GBP, AED and EUR account currencies.
- Free International Visa Debit Card: Acceptance at over 1 million ATMs and 25 million outlets.
- High Withdrawal Limit: At HSBC UAE ATMs enjoy cash withdrawal limit of up to AED 8,000.
- Free cheque-book: Get your first cheque-book without any cost.
- Free Banking Transactions: The account provides six free over-the-counter AED transactions every month.
- Several Modes of Banking: Internet Banking, Phone Banking, Mobile Banking and SMS alerts let you access banking round the clock.
- Cash Machines: Now you can deposit cash at any of UAE’s 50 cash deposit machines.
- Cheque Machines: Drop your cheques at 53 cheque deposit machines.
- No Salary Credit Required: HSBC Current Account benefits do not need salary credit.
- Additional Benefits: Enjoy 1 balance inquiry and 2 free cash withdrawals at non-HSBC Switch ATMs per month.
HSBC Visa Platinum Select Credit Card:
- Earn Air Miles that could be used for electronics, shopping vouchers and hotel stays
- At all VOX Cinemas in the UAE; buy one ticket to get one free
- HSBC Entertainer offers come with dining, travel and wellness offers worth AED 25,000
- At restaurants across the UAE and over 400 worldwide, enjoy up to 25% discount
A HSBC Current Account can be opened and operated jointly or singly by visiting the nearest branch or customer service centre.
Documents Required for HSBC Current Account
- Original passport
- Original Emirates ID card
- Valid residence visa (for customers from non-GCC countries)
- Residence proof (utility bill/rental agreement/employment letter)
- Self-employed persons must submit trade license
- Women applicant’s on husband/father’s sponsorship have to submit labor card/work ID
- Employer’s original salary transfer letter
HSBC may also collect other documents to comply with Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act
HSBC Current Account Fees and Charges
- HSBC Current account charges AED 1 for domestic funds transfer, for transfer through phone or branch, charges are AED 5.
- Money transfers with HSBC accounts in UAE are free.
- Correspondent banks charge AED 5 when payment option OURS is selected
- For a complete list of fees and charges, refer to bank's schedule of fees and charges.
Why choose HSBC Current Account?
HSBC Current Account, in addition to the benefits offered by a regular current account, offers access to several preferential products, services and rewards.
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
What is the HSBC Current Account?
Who can open a HSBC Current Account?
Who can apply for HSBC Current Account?
What are the charges levied on HSBC Premier Account?
HSBC Current Account is a current account offered by international bank HSBC that offers a host of value-added benefits like free cash withdrawals, discounted shopping and entertainment, and free money transfers.
An UAE citizen or expatriate can open a HSBC Premier account. However, documents may differ for each type of applicant.
An UAE citizen, a salary earning expatriate or their dependents may apply for HSBC Current Account. The minimum salary credit requirement is AED 7500 and minimum balance AED 3,000.
HSBC Current account charges AED 1 for domestic funds transfer, for transfer through phone or branch, charges are AED 5. Money transfers with HSBC accounts in UAE are free. Correspondent banks charge AED 5 when payment option OURS is selected. For a complete list of fees and charges, refer to bank’s Schedule of Charges.