Among the many banking services that the bank provides are their credit cards. The choice that the bank presents to customers ensures that all their customers have a card that matches their needs. These cards even offer exclusive benefits and reward programs to the cardholders. There are cards that are meant for the shopping enthusiasts and ones meant for the frequent travellers too. The bank offers cards that even offer interest free periods and facilities like credit shields and insurance.
Credit Cards Offered by Emirates NBD
Emirates NBD has two types of credit cards on offer. One type are the cards that are their own and the other are the cards for which they have partnered with other companies. These are the cards that the bank is offering right now.
- Infinite Credit Card This card comes with exclusive access to various golf clubs and offers up to 55 days of interest free periods. It also features a credit shield option and exclusive offers on lifestyle products and services.
- Platinum Credit Card This is card that is meant for the frequent traveller because it offers discounts and offers on flights and booking holidays. It also comes with 55 days of interest free periods and flexible payment options.
- Gold & Silver Cards The gold and silver cards offer cardholders discounts on flights and holiday bookings, 55 interest-free days and flexible repayment options.
- Webshopper Credit card This is a card that is targeted at those who are into online shopping. It can only be used for online purchases and comes with an attractive rewards program.
- Titanium Credit Card This is a card that is meant for those who like to do things in style. For the frequent flier it offers access to exclusive lounges, for the avid golfer access to certain golf clubs and for the health enthusiast special offers at health clubs.
- Go4it Platinum Card This card has been conceived through an understanding with the Road and Transport Department where your credit card acts as a credit card and a RTA Nol Card.
- Go4it Gold Card This too is a credit card that doubles as a RTA Nol Card and comes packed with reward programs and lifestyle benefits.
- Skywards Infinite Card This is a card that has been aimed at the frequent traveller and along with the regular benefits, offers a reward program where expense can be converted into Skywards miles.
- Skywards Signature Card This card too offers Skywards miles as part of the reward programs associated with this card. It also offers lounge access at airports, concierge privileges and access to exclusive offers on Emirates.
- Dnata Platinum Card This is a card that is issued in association with the travel company Dnata. It offer exclusive offers and discounts on travel packages and a very attractive rewards program.
- Dnata World Credit Card The World Credit Card is one which is meant especially for travel enthusiasts as its offers are centred around exclusive discounts and offers when you use the card to book flights, hotels or even cruises.
- Diners Club Credit Card This is a credit card that offers unlimited access to lounges at various airports. It also offers discounts on purchases related to travel, dining and entertainment.
- Business Card This is a credit card that is meant for businesses. It features supplementary cards that can be issued to employees too and features privileges like access to golf clubs, airport lounges and health clubs among others.
- DIC Credit Card The DIC credit card is the Dubai Internet City card that comes packed with features that range from access to health clubs to interest free days and much more.
- Manchester United Credit Card The Manchester United card is aimed at football fans and offers special discounts on products related to Manchester United. Apart from this it also offers all the other benefits most credit cards offer.
About Emirates NBD
Emirates NBD is a bank that was formed in October of 2007 from the merger of Emirates Bank and the National Bank of Dubai. As soon as it was formed, it became the largest bank in the Middle East as a result of the combined assets of the two banks. The bank is a part of the Emirates NBD group that has lots of other companies and subsidiaries that operate under it. In its short history, the group has won many awards that include the Outstanding Private Bank in the Middle East award and the 2013 Best Asset Management Company award.
Why choose Emirates NBD Credit Card?
Emirates NBD cards are not just average credit cards. They come packed with features and benefits that are meant to turn the credit cards into a tool that you can use to pay for things and earn benefits and gain access to special privileges and perks. They bring a measure of convenience to cardholders that makes them the ideal choice for those who like a little exclusivity in their lives.
Emirates NBD Credit Card Offers
The offers extended by Emirates NBD credit cards range from discounts on shopping, dining and entertainment to reward points. Some of the promotions that are currently being offered are:
- People who have the Manchester United card are entitled to 10% off on bills at Red Café, Old Trafford and 20% off on tours of Manchester United Stadium and Museum.
- Dnata World credit card holders pay 0% fee for international transactions. They also get 5,000 Dnata reward points and have 15% of their spending turned into reward points.
- Those who take the Skywards Signature Credit Card are entitled to an introductory offer where they get travel vouchers worth AED 3,000.
|Check For Latest Emirates NBD Credit Cards Offers|
While the offers are very attractive, it must be remembered that these offers can be extended or withdrawn at the banks convenience.
Features & Benefits of Emirates NBD Credit Card
The credit cards that are offered by Emirates NBD offer a host of features and benefits to card holders. Some of these are:
- Many of their cards come with interest free periods of up to 55 days.
- Since some of the cards they offer are Visa cards, the cardholders get access to special offers from Visa too.
- The annual fee for their cards can range from AED 99 to AED 1,500.
- Supplementary cards are issued for free.
- Most of the cards allow you to withdraw a part of the credit limit as cash for which a fee of 3% of the amount withdrawn or AED 99 is charged.
- In general, cardholders can withdraw up to 50% of their credit limit in cash.
- Cardholders can pay 5% or AED 100, of the total outstanding amount on their card as the minimum payment.
- Many of the cards come with a credit shield where for a payment of 0.89% of the outstanding balance you can ensure that if something happens to you, your outstanding balance is taken care of.
- The credit shield facility is provided for free for the first two months.
- Some cards like the Platinum credit card offer purchase protection under which items bought using the card are insured against theft, loss or damage for 90 days by an amount of up to $5,000.
- The cards also offer instalment payment plans that let you make big purchases that you can payback in easy to pay instalment at 0% interest.
- These credit cards can also be used to pay for utility bills.
- Some cards come with 24-hour breakdown services that ensure that help is always at hand when your vehicle breaks down.
- In the interest of security, every time your card is used, you get an SMS alert to protect against fraudulent use of your card.
Fees and Charges of Emirates NBD Credit Cards
The below table shows the fees and charges of the Emirates NBD Credit Cards
|Type of Charges||Amount|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD Silver Credit Card||The fee is AED 150|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD DIC Credit Card||The fee is AED 200|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD Gold Credit Card||The fee is AED 400|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD Titanium Credit Card||The fee is AED 400|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD Platinum Credit Card||The fee is AED 700|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD Infinite Credit Card||The fee is AED 1500|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD Go4it Gold Credit Card||The fee is AED 99|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD Go4it Platinum Credit Card||The fee is AED 199|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD Manchester United Titanium Credit Card||The fee is AED 250|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD Dnata Platinum Credit Card||The fee is AED 500|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD Dnata World Credit Card||The fee is AED 999|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD Skywards Infinite Credit Card||The fee is AED 1500|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD Skywards Signature Credit Card||The fee is AED 700|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD SPG World MasterCard Credit Card||The fee is AED 1500|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD Business Rewards Credit Card||The fee is AED 550|
|Annual fees for Emirates NBD Supplementary cards||Free|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions and cash advances for Emirates NBD Silver Credit Card||3.09% per month|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions and cash advances for Emirates NBD DIC Credit Card||3.09% per month|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions and cash advances for Emirates NBD Gold Credit Card||3.09% per month|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions and cash advances for Emirates NBD Titanium Credit Card||3.09% per month|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions and cash advances for Emirates NBD Platinum Credit Card||3.09% per month|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions and cash advances for Emirates NBD Infinite Credit Card||1.49% per month|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions and cash advances for Emirates NBD Go4it Gold Credit Card||3.09% per month|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions and cash advances for Emirates NBD Go4it Platinum Credit Card||3.09% per month|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions and cash advances for Emirates NBD Manchester United Titanium Credit Card||3.09% per month|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions and cash advances for Emirates NBD Dnata Platinum Credit Card||3.09% per month|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions and cash advances for Emirates NBD Dnata World Card Credit Card||3.09% per month|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions and cash advances for Emirates NBD Skywards Infinite Credit Card||3.09% per month|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions and cash advances for Emirates NBD Skywards Signature Credit Card||3.09% per month|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions and cash advances for Emirates NBD SPG World MasterCard Credit Card||3.09% per month|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions and cash advances for Emirates NBD Business Rewards Credit Card||2.19% per month|
|Fee for Cash Advance||3% of withdrawn amount with minimum fee of AED 99|
|Fee for Late Payment||AED 219|
|Fee for Over Limit||AED 219|
|Fee for Foreign currency transactions||1.84%|
|Fee for card replacement||AED 50 for replacement of Go4it cards and AED 20 for all other cards|
|Fee for Cheque and direct debit return||AED 100|
|Fee for Sales Voucher Copy||AED 10|
|Fee for Paper Statement||AED 5 per month|
|Fee for Duplicate Statement||AED 15 per month for last 3 months and AED 50 per month for statements over 3 months old|
|Credit Shield Insurance premium if opted||Free for first 2 months and subsequent fee is 0.99% of outstanding balance at billing cycle|
|Protect Plus Insurance/Lifestyle Protector Insurance||Free for first 2 months and subsequent fee is 0.99% of outstanding balance at billing cycle|
|Cancellation fees of Balance Transfer, Instalment plans, balance conversion facility or Dial-a-cheque facility||AED 250|
|Cash Advance limit||50% of credit limit|
|Minimum monthly payment||5% of outstanding balance or AED 100 whichever is higher|
Other Products offered by Emirates NBD UAE
Credit cards are just one of the many products on offer from Emirates NBD. Some of their other products include:
- Current Accounts
- Savings Accounts
- Insurance policies
- Emirates NBD Personal Loans
- Emirates NBD Mortgages
- Emirates NBD Car Loan
- Overdraft facilities
Apart from personal banking, they also offers services meant for businesses to help them with their banking needs.
Emirates NBD Credit Card – Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know that I am eligible? You will need to be a salaried or self-employed individual with a specific minimum monthly salary to be able to apply for these cards.
- What is the minimum salary requirement for these cards? Yes. You will have to have a minimum monthly salary of AED 4,000 to be able to apply for these cards. The specific salary requirements may change as per the card you wish to apply for.
- What is the interest rate on these cards for retail purchases? The interest rate depends on the card that you take and ranges from 1.49% per month to 3.09% per month.
- How do I pay my credit card bills? You can pay your credit card bills through direct debits from your account, online banking, cash deposit machines, UAE Exchange branches and Al Ansari exchange branches.
- If I want to earn Skywards Miles can I do so from any Emirates website? No. Only purchases made on Emirates.ae will be eligible to earn Skywards Miles.
- What if I have a dispute regarding one of the charges on my credit card? If you have disputes regarding the charges on your card, you can bring it to the banks attention within 30 days of receiving the card statement.
- How does the reward program work? Each card comes with its own reward program however, the general principal is that you earn reward points every time you spend on your card. These reward points can then be exchanged for goods and services at a later date.
News About Emirates NBD Credit Card
Emirates NBD modifies dnata MasterCard World and Platinum credit cards
Emirates NBD, dnata Travel and MasterCard have modified the loyalty programme of MasterCard World and Platinum credit cards. The cards will now give up to 15% rewards and cardholders can redeem their points easily at the partner groups including Arabian Adventures, City Sightseeing, and dnata Travel. Moreover, when one uses this card at duty free stores, he or she can earn rewards up to 10%.
These improved cards use MasterCard’s contactless technology which will allow you to pay conveniently at any store that has contactless terminals.
Iain Andrew, Divisional Senior Vice President of dnata’s travel business, states that with this revamp, redemptions would be easier because instead of vouchers, one can redeem the rewards directly at point of sale terminals.
15th November 2016
Emirates NBD announces net profit
Emirates NBD announced a net profit of AED3.7 billion for H1 2016. The bank achieved a 12% growth in the net profit from the previous year. The financial results were driven by the higher income from asset growth and from the lower provisions due to improving the asset quality. The net income improved by 2%. The bank intends to continue to implement their strategy that is built around 5 core building blocks that is building high performance organisation, excellent customer service, drive core businesses, diversify the source of income and run an efficient organisation.
18th July 2016
Emirates NBD to attractive travel deals on Credit Cards
Many banks in the UAE have come up with attractive deals during Ramadan. Among the banks Citibank and Emirates are offering great travel deals on credit cards. When Emirates NBD Credit Card holder use their Emirates NBD Credit Card to book flight tickets on British Airways from Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the UAE, they get discount up to 10% on their bookings. This is a credit card promotion run by Emirates NBD on the occasion of Ramadan. The promotion will remain valid till 30th September. Unaccompanied minors and infants can not avail this offer. Also, all outbound travel must take place on or before 31st December to qualify for this offer.
04th July 2016
Emirates NBD offers attractive deals on Credit Cards
Emirates NBD, one of the leading banks in the UAE has come up some attractive Ramadan deals on credit cards. Now, when customers use their Emirates NBD Credit Card to pay for three persons at Asateer Tent at Atlantis, they can treat one more guest for free. The offer will be valid till 6th July, 2016. It is applicable on online booking only. Customer need to login to www.atlantisthepalm.com/enbd and apply the promo code called ENBDATLANTIS to avail this offer. The offer helps a customer to treat four persons for the price of three guests or eight guests by paying for six guests.
29th June 2016
Emirates NBD to offer Free rides for the UAE Residents
Emirates NBD Bank- one of the leading banks in the UAE decided to offer free rides to its credit and debit card holders during the month of Ramadan. The bank executes this promotional offer in partnership with UBER – the most popular provider of cabs across the world. The offer would remain valid throughout the entire month of Ramadan. Both credit and debit card holders would be able to avail this offer between 6PM to 9PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Newly registered users would get two additional free rides. A person would be able to avail a maximum limit of Dh40 per ride. Maximum 8 trips can be availed by a single customer under this offer.
09th June 2016
Digital Transformation Plan worth AED 500 million, to be launched by Emirates NBD
The bank made also an announcement that they would launch the country’s first ‘digital bank’ targeting the millennial market. This is a one of a kind initiative in UAE, where digitisation along with and social input will be used by customers allowing the new digital bank to provide customers with an advanced self-service money management featuring beneficial tools and applications.
The bank’s AED 500 million investment will be made in the following 5 key areas:
• Omni channel Experience
• Enhancing and strengthening cyber security especially for financial transactions
• Enhancing each process transformation
• A more inquisitive and easier to use customer interface
• Improvement of data management along with Analytics
This effort has strengthened the bank’s image as the digital pioneer in the GCC region. They are also said to play a crucial part in the currently emerging global digital banking industry.
07th June 2016
Emirates NBD is the Best Bank in Middle East and in UAE
Emirates NBD named as the Best Bank in Middle East and UAE and Best Retail Bank and Best Investment Bank in UAE at Banker Middle East Industry Awards. The bank was also recently awarded as Best SME card for Business Rewards Card. It was also awarded as Best Wealth Management Service/Proposition at Banker Middle East Industry Awards which was organised by CPI Financial. Suvo Sarkar, the Senior Executive VP commented that the bank’s focus is to deliver superior customer experience. Emirates NBD’s Chief Executive Officer, Ahmed Al Qassim said that the bank’s investment banking unit had an exceptional year and that they will continue to enhance the value proposition and provide innovative fundraising solution to their clients. Banker Middle East Industry Awards recognises banks that excel in financial services and the banks who are key player who help create prosperous diversified future for MENA economies.
28th May 2016
Warba Bank and Emirates NBD Win Big at Banker Middle East Awards 2016
At the Banker Middle East Industry Awards held at Jumeriah Emirates Towers on 12th May 2016 at Dubai, Emirates NBD bagged the prestigious ‘Best Bank in the Middle East’ award along with the ‘Best Bank in UAE’ and ‘Best Retail Bank in UAE’ awards.
Warba Bank also walked away with accolades and won the awards for ‘Fastest Growing Bank in the Middle East’, ‘Fastest Growing Bank in Kuwait’ and ‘Best Investment Bank in Kuwait’ awards. The award ceremony had an audience of 400 odd people comprising of senior bankers and financiers from around the region.
Financial institutions in UAE claimed the bulk of the awards winning 27 awards followed by financial institutions from Qatar which won 6 awards and financial institutions from Kuwait and Lebanon which won five awards each.
15th May 2016
Emirates NBD’s New Tablet Banking App to provider faster banking services
Emirates NBD-the leading financial provider in the UAE launches a tablet banking app to reduce waiting time for customers in bank and facilitate faster transactions. The app will help branch service representatives to provide faster services and transactions to customers. The app would use customer's’ digital signature to verify the transactions. Going forward, customers would be able to process request through their mobile banking accounts. Already, the app has been launched at select branches of Emirates NBD in Al Barsha, Al Quoz, Al Qusais, Sharjah City Centre and Jumeirah Lakes Towers etc. the app is designed to provide enhanced customer satisfaction.
04th May 2016
Emirates NBD announces their financial results for Q3 2015
With a net profit of up to 27% making them a profit of AED 5.0 billion was the results of the Q3 2015 of Emirates NBD. The increase in net interest income, and small increase in costs and impairment charge made lower has helped this increase in profits. The Retail assets have grown up to AED 7.6 billion, and had a gain in sale of properties and investments making the gain of AED 3.6 billion, the Impaired Loan Coverage ratio hiked up to 115.3%
02nd November 2015