EIB Current Account
Promise of transparent banking allowing customers to access their funds from anywhere and at any time. Customers can now access as well as manage their funds with a transaction account empowered with a checking option.
Features of Emirates Islamic Bank Current Account
Following are some features of the current account-
- Customers are provided with an internationally recognised debit card, absolutely free of charge.
- UAE residents receive personal checking facilities with the Emirates Islamic Bank Current Account
- This bank account is available in AED, USD, GBP, Euro, Yen, Kuwaiti Dinar, Qatari Riyal, Saudi Riyal, Bahraini Dinar, Canadian Dollar and Omani Riyal
- The bank accepts cheques written only in Arabic or English and no other language.
Benefits of Emirates Islamic Bank Current Account
Following are the few of the many benefits of the current account-
- In case customer’s salary is transferred to this account, no minimum balance charges are applicable.
- Phone banking allows customers to access their account at any time and from any place
- This current account provides customers with free online banking services that allow them to view, manage and conduct transactions at any time
- SMS alerts are provided with Emirates Islamic Bank current account for updates on charge card balances and other transactions.
Eligibility Criteria for EIB Current Account
Following are the eligibility criteria-
- A minimum balance of AED 3,000 needs to be maintained
Available to the following sets of applicants-
- Sole proprietors
- Joint Stock organisations
- Limited Liability organisations
Following are the documents required-
- Application form, completed and signed
- Original of Khulasat Al Qaid or Passport for UAE nationals
- Photocopy of Khulasat Al Qaid or Passport for UAE nationals
- Original of passport with valid residence visa for expatriates
- Photocopy of passport with valid residence visa for expatriates
Fees and Charges
Following are a list of fees and charges related to Emirates Islamic Bank Current Account-
- The average monthly balance to be maintained is AED 3,000. In the event that the customer fails to maintain this minimum, a charge of AED 25 is levied for each month of non-maintenance.
- 6 teller transactions per month are free of charge, thereafter a fee of AED 10 is charged per transaction.
- AED 100 is charged for closing current account before completing 12 months.
- There are no charges levied for dormant accounts.
Why Choose Emirates Islamic Bank Current Account?
Customers are offered the facility of choosing the currency that they would like to bank with, in turn allowing the bank to customise as per unique customer requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
Can I bank in USD with Emirates Islamic Bank current account?
The first chequebook issued to me is over. How much would I need to pay to get a new one?
Are there any charges to open a new current account?
I have completed 6 months with my Emirates Islamic Bank current account. I would like to close it now. What is the amount I’ll be expected to pay?
I would like to open an Emirates Islamic Bank current account jointly with my daughter who is 12 years of age. Is this possible?
Yes, Emirates Islamic Bank banks in all major currencies.
The first chequebook issued for an Emirates Islamic Bank current account is free of cost. Thereafter, each chequebook is issued for a charge of AED 25.
No charges are levied for the opening of a new current account with Emirates Islamic Bank.
A charge of AED 100 is expected from customers for closing current accounts before completing 12 months.
An Emirates Islamic bank current account cannot be jointly opened with minors below the age of 18 years. Instead you could open a minor account for your daughter without the chequebook facility. You can open and operate this account as her guardian.