The Johara Gold Premium Credit Card offered by the Dubai Islamic Bank is a card that is completely compliant with the Sharia laws of Islamic banking which means that it is free from interest. The card offers the ideal blend of Sharia compliance and shopping convenience by giving you a card that is administered by the rules of Islamic banking yet manages to offer features like insurance, reward programs, help with planning vacations, purchase protection and much more.
Features of the Dubai Islamic Bank Johara Gold Premium Credit Card
- Annual Fee: The annual fee for the primary card is AED 200 and the monthly subscription is AED 475. You can take supplementary cards too for which you will pay an annual fee of AED 75 and no monthly subscription fee.
- Interest Rates: Since the card is governed by the Sharia rules, it does not charge any interest on the outstanding balance.
- Credit Period: Even though there is no interest charged on the card and no interest free period, payments towards this card need to be made within 20 days of the statement date.
- Cash Advance: You can withdraw up to 80% of your credit limit as cash in case you need money in an emergency.
- Cash withdrawals: A fee of AED 90 will be charged every time you withdraw cash using this card.
- International transactions: The card allows for international transactions to be conducted using it however they are subject to a processing fee of 1.95% which is exclusive of any fee that Visa International may charge.
- You can even increase the limit on your card temporarily for the payment of a fee of AED 145.
Benefits of the Johara Gold Premium Credit Card
- Special Offers: For the frequent traveller this card offers entry to the Marhaba lounge at Dubai International Airport for free for the cardholder and entry at 50% off for their guests.
- Insurance Benefits: The card comes equipped with travel and personal accident insurance to cover you when you are traveling.
- The insurance is provided free of cost therefore you are not expected to pay anything for it.
- In case of an accident that may result in death you will be entitled to a personal accident cover of USD 87,500.
- For emergency medical expenses you will get up to USD 75,000.
- It will even provide for emergency dental treatment, lost or delayed baggage, missed trips or loss of money.
- The insurance will also cover personal liability up to an amount of USD 30,000.
- Everything you buy using this card is automatically protected against theft and damage for a period of 60 days. The amount that covers these eventualities is USD 2,000 for each event.
- As a cardholder you will get access to the Al Islamic Travel Desk that will provide you with facilities like:
- No agency fee charged when you book flights through them.
- Tickets will be delivered to you by them for free.
- Free airport drop services.
- Access to exclusive lounges at the Dubai International Airport.
- It also comes with free roadside assistance services that allow you access to breakdown assistance, international driving licenses at 75% off, replacement cars if yours meets with an accident, etc.
DIB Johara Gold Premium Credit Card Rewards
The reward program that you get access to with this card is called Wala’a Dirhams. In this program, every time you spend using your Johara Gold Premium Credit Card, 1% of what you spend will be converted into Wala’a Dirhams. You can use these Wala’a Dirhams to make payments the next time you go shopping or even use them to pay your utility bills.
Not only does the Johara Gold Premium Credit Card offer the benefits of the Sharia rules of banking, it also allows you to acquire access to exclusive services and benefits that are designed to make life more convenient for you.