CBI Current Account
The CBI Current Account offers simple and hassle-free accounts that aim for simplicity in banking transactions including withdrawals, deposits, card payments, outgoing and incoming payments etc. Account holders can give out standing orders for various recurring payments and use the overdraft facility for some extra cash.
Features and Benefits of CBI Current Account
The primary features of a current account in CBI are:
- Account can be accessed24x7 through online banking or secured telephone banking.
- Only UAE residents with a valid residence visa can apply for a new account.
- UAE Establishments with valid UAE trade license can also apply.
- Free cheque book with a new account. Subsequent cheque books can be purchased by paying a nominal fee.
- Free international ATM/debit card.
- Account can be opened with denominations in AED, GBP, USD and EUR.
- Overdraft facility available as per norms of the bank.
- Monthly account statements for free.
- The account should maintain a minimum balance of USD 1,000 or AED 3,000.
Documents Required for CBI Current Account
A resident of UAE can open a current account with CBI with a minimum amount of AED 3,000. The following documents have to be produced when applying for a new current account in the Commercial Bank International:
- Passport in original which is at least a month old.
- Valid residence visa of UAE.
- Valid Emirates ID. The bank may accept a copy of the application for registration for Emirate ID also in some cases.
- Salary certificate from employer or a salary transfer letter.
- One address proof among the following – STL, SC, tenancy contract, utility bills, or bank statement.
Fees and Charges for CBI Current Account
- AED 25 charged on breaching minimum balance.
- AED 50 for setting up standing instructions.
- First cheque book with 25 leaves free. Subsequent cheque books are available for AED 25.
- Free ATM/Debit card. AED 25 for supplementary card.
- Free usage of CBI ATMs. AED 2 charged for transactions on other ATMs.
Why choose CBI Current Account?
The CBI current account is packed with features and offers various benefits to customers. The account can be opened by satisfying the eligibility criteria and producing the relevant documents at any branch of the CBI.
The CBI is headquartered in Dubai, and has a pan-UAE presence through its multitude of branches and ATM machines. CBI has slowly increased its presence in the technology-based delivery channels and transactional banking spheres. It offers a wide range of products and services in sectors such as standard banking schemes, custom-made solutions for retail, SME and corporate banking etc. It is listed in the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX).
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs
How can I apply for opening a new CBI Current Account?
How do I get my account statement?
Are there any additional charges for non-receipt of salary in the account?
You can open a new current account in CBI online or by producing the relevant documents at any of their branches.
The account statement can be requested by making a payment of AED 50, which will then be delivered to your registered postal address.
No, you will not be charged for non-receipt of salary in your current account.